Mão Própria – MP (Own Hand)
It is an additional service for which the sender has warranty that the object, posted by him/her under registration, will only be delivered to the addressee, by means of confirmation of his/her identity.
Service availability: in all national territory
Who can use it: - Natural and juridical persons without contract; - Juridical persons with contract.
It can only be used with registered objects;
A personal identification document will be required from addressee;
Delivery: Objects with Mão Própria (Own Hand) can be delivered to third parties duly identified and accredited for such purpose when: a) Destined to civil and military authorities from federal, state or municipal public administration, direct or indirect; diplomatic or ecclesiastic authorities; juridical persons and their respective directors, whose access is difficult or forbidden to employee in charge of distribution.
b) When addressed to individuals under 16 years old, the object shall only be delivered to their legal representatives (parents, tutors or guardians), upon presentation of document evidencing the legal representation.
c) In case the addressee cannot receive the object, it may be delivered to third parties upon presentation of proxy with expressed powers for such.
Why use this service?
The sender has confirmation that the addressee has received the mail.
In all Post Offices.
Request from attendant Mão Própria (Own Hand) service when you make a postage, and you will be sure that the object will be delivered in addressee’s hands.
How much it is:See this service price
How to pay: In post offices
- Cash. – Checks from the same city and by the person interested, order check to ECT or to Empresa Brasileira de Correios e Telégrafos (Brazilian Post and Telegraph Company). Learn about check payment conditions, via Link: http://www.correios.com.br/precosPrazos/pagamentoCheque.cfm)
To be invoiced: Only for juridical person clients, upon contract to be signed in each state Commercial Managements.
Delivery expected term: The term foreseen for delivery will be the same as established for the object postage modality.
- When addressed to federal, state or municipal public administration civil and military authorities, direct or indirect, to diplomatic or ecclesiastic authorities or to juridical persons and their respective directors, whose access is difficult or forbidden to employee in charge of distribution, the object may be delivered, upon receipt and presentation of identity, to persons accredited for such purpose.
- When addressed to individuals under 16 years old, the object shall only be delivered to their legal representatives (parents, tutors or guardians), and in this case, documents required are as follows:
* Country: Underage Birth Certificate and Identity of recipient; * Tutor: judicial sentence and identity of recipient; * Guardian: Register office certificate or judicial sentence and identity of recipient.
- When the addressee cannot receive the object, it may be delivered to third parties upon presentation of proxy.